Monday, December 28, 2015

A Corner Brook Christmas

Hello again, everyone!

I hope you all had wonderful Christmas days!

This week in Newfoundland is a big drinking week. The night before Christmas Eve is called "Tips-Eve" and that's when it begins. Needless to say, the missionaries spent a lot of time inside haha.
Sister Crump and I really did have a wonderful Christmas though. We were absolutely spoiled by the Corner Brook Branch members. We opened gifts and had Christmas morning breakfast at Sarah's house, and we had so much fun. We made a book for Sarah with pictures we drew of all of the wonderful memories we've made together this last transfer. Giving it to her was one of the best parts of my day.

Skyping my family was wonderful! Oh, I've missed them so much! Thank you to everyone who has taken such good care of them while I have been away. It honestly means so much to me that they are being so well looked after! Heavenly Father is blessing them for sending me out here!
The rest of our Christmas consisted mostly of eating too much Jig's dinner. It was a hard week to do missionary work because no one wanted to talk to us until after the holidays, but it was an awesome week to be a missionary. 

I am so grateful for the Savior and that we were able to celebrate His coming and all that He came to do. The value of a soul is so great that God would send His absolute best, even His Son, to save and uplift it, to bring it safely home again to Him someday. I know that as we continue to love, remember and follow Jesus Christ, we can feel the Christmas Spirit all year long! And, the fullness of the gospel is here on the earth to help us do just that! It's a wonderful time to be alive! 

Love, 
Sister Park

P.S. Here's a link to the Canada Halifax Mission Christmas Book 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment