Monday, December 7, 2015

One Month!

Hi everyone!
Can you believe I've been a missionary for a whole month now?
It's been a crazy week here in the Canada Halifax Mission, and especially in Corner Brook, Newfoundland! President Pratt gave us a challenge this week called Le Tour de Faith. It was a tough week to be a missionary here, especially a new one, but Heavenly Father helped us out. His grace carried us through. We even won a few of the challenges for the whole mission!
One of the challenges was to come up with creative finding ideas. We tried a few things but nothing was working out. Towards the end of the day, we were pretty upset that nothing worked out. We were going in for supper and a dog came running up to our apartment. We checked his tag and called the number. No answer. The dog's name was Toby and he was the cutest. And so what did we do? We went knocking door to door with Toby. Creative finding at its finest.
It's getting pretty cold here. We spend a lot of time knocking since our branch is so small. The doors freeze and so it hurts to knock on them, and so we carry golf balls in our pockets and knock with those! 
Canada is a great place in general. Something funny is that you fill your gas tank and pay afterwards, instead of the other way around. It always messes me up! The chocolate here is also way better. They don't use high fructose corn syrup, just real sugar. It's the best.
We had Jig's dinner last night. It's a classic Newfie dish. It was so so so good.
There's this amazing pizza place called Louis Gees here and the owner, Bashir, always tells Sister Summers (she works there) to "feed the girls!" The pizzas are huge and so so good. They also have the best shawarma.
Also. Audri and Drew got married in the Salt Lake Temple this week! Congratulations, friends! I love you!
Something cool I've noticed on my mission is the Holy Ghost testifying of truth. We talk with some interesting people and I've recognized the Holy Ghost shielding and protecting my faith and testimony and whispering to my heart "that's not true". I'm so grateful that the Holy Ghost is a gift I am able to enjoy as long as I live worthy of it.
I hope everyone is getting in to the Christmas Spirit! Sister Crump and I decorated our friend Sarah's Christmas tree yesterday. We listened to David Archuleta's Christmas music and it was awesome. Newfoundland is half an hour ahead of Halifax, which is three hours ahead of Utah, so by the time the First Presidency Christmas Devotional came on last night, we were getting ready for bed. Everyone has said really good things about it, so I'm very excited to watch it tonight! If you haven't already, check out christmas.mormon.org. There's two amazing Christmas videos on there, I get goosebumps every time I watch either of them. (Sister Crump and I like to rewatch them during boring Skype calls haha).

No comments:

Post a Comment