Monday, December 21, 2015

CHRISTMAS!

Hello, everyone!
First things first, CHRISTMAS. I am so excited! 

This year is especially different (obviously, I'm on a rock hanging out on the Atlantic Ocean). Being a missionary at Christmastime is kinda weird haha. But awesome, of course.

This week we drove to the other side of the island to St. John's for a Christmas conference that I was able to speak at. The Spirit definitely helped me out with that haha.

We did a lot of traveling, but we carpooled with the Elders, so it ended up being pretty fun.

Something popular in Newfoundland is a story about something called Mummers. Basically they're carolers who dress up weird and break into your house and sing the Mummer song. Apparently it's illegal now haha. I got an ornament with Mummers painted on it though and a gift bag that I got from a member here has them on it. This island is so weird haha. And by weird I mean the best.

Not much exciting happened this week because of traveling but Christmas is coming soon!

I love Christmas so much because I am reminded of the birth of my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am reminded of why it was so important that He was born. He was born to save us from our sins, our sadness, our weaknesses, our struggles, our distance from God. He was born to comfort us, to redeem us, and to bring us home. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and that He was born so that we can become healed and whole through His Atonement. I invite you to think of why you personally need Jesus Christ and why you're grateful for Him and then write those things down.

The gospel is awesome! All of you are awesome! I've been thinking a lot about spiritual gifts and how Heavenly Father gives us each some and then allows us to work to gain others. With all of the gifts we ask for and give around Christmas, I think it's really valuable to identify a spiritual gift we would like and to pray and ask the Father for it. I know that as we sincerely pray and pay attention to our thoughts and feelings that Heavenly Father will answer us through the Holy Ghost. I know He will tell you how to develop those gifts you want and as you show Him your desire to improve, He will bless you even more! God is so good!

I hope everyone is doing well!

Have a merry and safe Christmas!

Love,
Sister Park

P.S. at Christmas conference, President Pratt gave each of us a flash drive with Christmas music we're allowed to listen to until Christmas and guess who's Christmas album is on there? Michael Buble's! If you hung out with Kaden and Easton at all last December, you'll know how much they love that album and it always makes me laugh when I listen to it.


Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment