Sunday, September 18, 2016

You are assigned to labor in the *Newfoundland Mission

Hey guys,

Transfer table was last night. Back to Newfoundland for the winter! Ha ha ha...
Really though, I'm excited to be going back to the Rock, more than likely by the time I leave at least half of my mission will be spent on that island, which isn't very common, let alone for two winters. Elder Evans said I deserve a medal or a tshirt or something. 

Speaking of Elder Evans, he's headed to Corner Brook so that'll be fun. Let's go Pirate Ships.

Sister Olson is my new companion, she was trained by Sister Crump too, so that makes us sisters. She's a convert herself and she's in her early 30s. I've always wanted to serve with her, so I'm hyped that it's happening.

The last nine days were exhausting but so good. Last Pday, we let the Elders be in charge of picking the "hike" to some "waterfalls". I'll send pictures. It was a total flop but we found a frog and I got a "so metal" ( - Elder Clark) scratch, so it was fun.

We walked across a sketchy bridge, the power went out, ate gross jelly beans and delicious Brazilian food with the Gonzales' (love them), had an exchange with the St. Stephen Sisters. Best of all, we started teaching a few people that I just have the best feeling about. We worked hard all summer and I definitely put some blood, sweat, tears, and a lot of hours in pounding the pavement in this city. I think the drought of baptisms in Fredericton is about over :') Sad I won't be here to see it but no worries, missionary work is a team sport.

Peter and Lisa are doing well. We also started teaching Jenaya, Riz, and Heather. It'll be hard to leave these people. I really have grown to love Fredericton and the people here. That's the reason behind why we work so hard and desire to help people be baptized. I know that there are so many blessings available to members of the Lord's Church who make and keep covenants with God. Nothing brings greater peace than the promises available through Priesthood ordinances and the assurance that you are doing what God wants you to do.

Also randomly, so many people have given us food this week. Chloe (you remember her?) gave us a bunch of corn on the cob from the market, multiple members gave us food (tomatoes, leftovers, pizza, cookies, jam), and Heather gave us gourmet slow roasted tomatoes. It's probably bc we repented and actually paid our fast offerings on time for once ha ha. 

So I've got about 17 hours of driving ahead of me, coupled with an 8 hour night ferry ride ahead of me. But I'll be passing through Corner Brook Friday morning, which I'm stoked about. Also, we have an in-person MLC back in New Brunswick next week, so after all that travel, I'll be flying back here shortly. I get to go to the temple tomorrow for the first time in 10 months :')

We're actually in Calais, ME right now. It's Elder Beckman's 22nd birthday, so we're going to the beach in St. Andrews, which is still in NB, but we came down here to email with the St. Stephen Sisters. Should be a good day, I'll send pictures on Monday.

Quickly, I just want to share my testimony of the Book of Mormon. I'm so grateful for that book. It was increased my understanding of the doctrine of Jesus Christ so much. It truly does contain the fulness of the gospel and persuades souls to come unto Christ. I know that it is true.

Back to the Rock!
Sister Park

we let Elder Evans pick the "hike"

here's the "waterfall"


the power went out

dollar cookie week at Timmy's
exchanges w/ Sis. Richardson

some Brazilian food Sis. Gonzales made for us. Sooo good.
giant violin


No comments:

Post a Comment