Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Hey Guys! Long week...

Hey guys,

Long week, not sure what to say. We had some really good lessons with Rose and with Wanda. We've been focusing on teaching with the scriptures and our lessons have been going SO much better (not that they were bad before, but they're better now). Alma 37:9 teaches about how important the scriptures really are - missionary work wouldn't be happening without them! 

The Sisters in the mission have been focusing on the Book of Mormon this last transfer. We've been ponderizing each week and reading it every day. All of the Sisters in the zone have loved it. "When you look to the Book, you look to the Lord!" https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/10/look-to-the-book-look-to-the-lord?lang=eng

We're implementing #LIGHTtheWORLD as much as possible in Newfoundland (hence the parades). We did a couple of service activities on the Worldwide Day of Service, one of which was cleaning our investigator, Selina's, house. We got her four kids and the Elders to help us too. It was a lot of fun. Sister O and I were cleaning the bathroom and like, it's pretty small. Just a sink and a toilet right next to each other. So I scrubbed the toilet but I didn't have a place to put the brush, so I just held it over the toilet bowl to drip while I organized a shelf above it. Sister O was on her hands and knees scrubbing the floor, so her face was pretty level with the toilet, and pretty close to it too. Then, out of nowhere, the toilet lid falls down and hits the toilet scrub brush right into Sister Olsen's open mouth. It bounced off her teeth. I died it was so gross and hilarious.

Elder Evans goes home this week, so we had a funeral for him at district meeting. Everyone looks sad in the picture and I was sad too, but Auldrey and I were just so excited to see each other we smiled.

I'll send some pictures of us with mummers. It's a Newfoundland Christmas tradition. It's not new to me because I was here for Christmas last year, but all of the other missionaries on the island are so amused by it ha ha. If you don't know what a mummer or mummering is, I guess you can look it up, but be careful.

Oh and transfer news. Sister O and I are staying together in Gander for another six weeks :)

Have a good week!

Sister Park

No comments:

Post a Comment