Monday, December 12, 2016

I'll Be Home (Gander) for Christmas

Hey guys,

So Sister Olsen and I are staying in Gander for another 6 weeks together. I think I already mentioned that but I can't remember.

It was a good week. It's -10 today. Joy.

We had a really good lesson with Erica and James. Erica accepted a baptismal date of February 18 :) :) Buuuuut, they're leaving for the Bahamas for a month tomorrow.

I called Rose on the phone last night and she was like "Hey girl, I just had supper and I'm about to drink a cup of... oh. Ha ha. Tea. Ha ha..." and then she got awkwardly silent. So she's still working on the Word of Wisdom.

Wanda is doing alright. Christmas is hard on a lot of people here. Newfoundlanders don't always have the best family situations, but they're all relatively pure in heart, so I like it here.

We had a family history booth in Bonavista this week. #LIGHTtheWORLD has been fun. We visited Paul (Elder Smith still has the picture though), brought lunch to Lesa, went caroling at a care centre, helped with Special Olympics Bowling, and I can't remember what else. It's been good though. Service is probably my favorite way to do missionary work.

Sister Olsen and I are still laughing about the toilet brush incident. We're working on our comedy skit, Sister Missionary Probs, for the zone talent show this week at Christmas Conference. We have the smallest zone, so everyone has to do multiple talents. Also, Presidad decided to put ya girl in charge of coordinating ALL of the music and musical numbers... and he wants a lot. 

I hope you're all doing well and stuff.

Love you

Sister Park

No comments:

Post a Comment