Monday, March 7, 2016

If Church is canceled, is it still true?

Hey everyone,

So this week was long but good! We got some more snow. Thanks Grandma for the email about the spring flowers in Utah ;)

We are teaching three new people as of this week, which was a miracle in and of itself. It's so good to know that the work is progressing. We're out here, trying our best to build the kingdom and stuff, you know.

Also, my brother Jaden made the baseball team back home so I just have to brag for a second. Proud of you, JD. 

So cool story, we were street contacting on Tuesday afternoon and we stopped by at Louis Gees to say hi to Sister Summers because she works there. There was a man who walked in after us and we were like "You can go first, we're just saying hi" and he was like "You're sure? Okay." So he went up to buy his pizza and then Sister Summers looked at us and told us to go up to the counter and she told us that the man had just bought both of us pizza and a drink! We thanked him like a hundred times, oh and his name is Chris. This is so lame but like, I started crying. People here are so nice. I felt like just lying on the floor and thinking about how nice that was but like, obviously I didn't, we were in a pizza place and people think missionaries are weird enough as it is. 

So yep! We had a lesson with this awesome woman named Heather and the Spirit was so strong, I know the Book of Mormon is true. After the lesson, Sharon was like "That was better than the District!" which is like the ultimate compliment and I'm not sure it was quite up to that standard, but nonetheless, thanks Sharon. 

Oh also, church was canceled yesterday. I know, since when do we cancel church? The weather wasn't that bad, but the senior missionary who is also the branch president is out of town so... yeah things happened and church was canceled. We made the best of it though, we couldn't just have church anyways because we didn't have permission, but the Elders, Dennis, Sister De Vuyst and I all had a mini sacrament meeting and all five of us bore our testimonies. It was a really sweet spirit, I definitely have never been in a meeting like that before. 

The Church is true, guys! I've been studying the Atonement a lot with Easter coming up, and I'll include a short little talk for you to read. I know that Christ can and wants to and will help us as we strive and struggle to do our part. He's the best and He always keeps His promises. 

Link: short little talk

Have a great week!

Love,

Sister Park

No comments:

Post a Comment