Wednesday, June 22, 2016

The Last 9 Days...

So, it's been crazy. Soooo much has happened and I honestly would not be able to explain it all over email.

Basically, an investigator or two took our hearts and put them in an emotional blender that resulted in Sister Rice and I lying on the floor of our apartment crying for an hour because we didn't know what else to do. Just some really sad and scary situations in the world, you know? Thankfully, the gospel of Jesus Christ is always good and can heal anything. Sometimes that healing takes a while, but when something is healed by the Atonement of Christ, it stays healed.

We're doing better know, we started teaching some new people. Not sure how solid they are, but we're expecting miracles over the next two transfers.

Also, cool story, due to all the stuff going down, President Pratt asked me to call a missionary couple serving in the Boston Mission, Elder and Sister Snow, to get some information about something. So I called them and turns out, they're serving in Kaden's zone!! Sister Snow said she would say hi to him for me ha ha. So that was a little miracle :)

So, in light of how well I deal with stressful situations (such as the one mentioned above), President Pratt and Heavenly Father have decided to let me train again this transfer!! Ha ha I honestly am so excited, I loved training last time and am sure I will this time. A little nervous though, I still feel like I don't know Fredericton super well, but when you try, Heavenly Father is there.

I wanted to talk briefly about something the Church has recently released. It's a webpage concerning mental health, which is something many of the people I have met and loved both back home and on my mission have been effected by. The webpage was released on Monday (and I'm sure a lot of you have seen bc I'm from Utah ha ha) so I haven't been able to watch all of the videos yet, but it has strengthened my testimony so much that this Church is true and that we have a living Prophet and Apostles of the Lord Jesus Christ on the earth today, who receive revelation from God to deliver messages from Him that we need to hear. Jesus Christ lives and is still the Head of His Church. He knows what we need and revelation from God still exists and it's happening. I felt like so many souls were starving for the help and support that comes from our Heavenly Father, so He reached out, ultimately by sending His Son to pay every debt we owe as well as every unfairness, trial, trouble, and so on, we feel. He continues to reach out to help us access that power that came from the Atonement of Christ by sending us the restored gospel, the Church, the priesthood, a Prophet, and so many other things, including revelation on how to help us get the help we need. We all need help because are all imperfect, we all fall short and we cannot save ourselves. We need a Savior. And we have One!! 

The Church, its ordinances, its programs, its webpages, its General Conferences, everything, are targeted to help us access the cleansing, changing, healing, and strengthening power of the Atonement of the Son of God. His Church has the power and authority to do that. 
God gives us weaknesses to give us an opportunity to access the grace of His Son, Jesus Christ. It gives us an opportunity to change to become more like Him, which was a huge part of the reason we came to earth in the first place.

The Gospel is amazing and I know it's true. My mission means everything to me, and despite how bad things are, Heavenly Father is so good to us and He always provides safety for the soul. I am grateful for the opportunity I have to invite others to more fully access it and have in turn been able to more fully access it for myself.

Anyways, life is rough at the moment, but not really. It's all good.

Also, I went to America again and loved every second. 

Have a great week!
Sister Park 

P.S. here's the link to the webpage


No comments:

Post a Comment