Monday, October 31, 2016

#dreamweavertakeover2016

Hey guys,

This week was rough. It was week 6 which is always the longest ha ha. I was kinda sick but it was ok, I'm good now. It was probably from the hot dog flavored chips Sister Olsen bought for me. They were limited edition and you know I'm a sucker for that.

Transfers were good, Sister Olsen and I are both staying in the promised land of Gander, Newfoundland. We're also getting a senior missionary couple! They'll be able to help us get the Church started here, so we're excited. Still waiting on all the official stuff for the building, but from what I can tell, we're good to go.

Rose was on date to be baptized on Saturday but she's just not ready yet. She's a great lady though. We're teaching some really great people, I love them all. Darlene left us a note on the door again when we went to pick her up for church ha ha.

So we had 9 people at church. 5 were missionaries. It'll get better :)
Lots of Skype calls for STL stuff but it's good. I love this zone.

Newfoundland is interesting because we're all so spread out across the island, but we all just love each other just for being missionaries, even though we don't see each other often. At the end of this transfer, I will have spent 9 months of my mission on the Rock. What a dream, I'm so glad I got sent back here :)

So since it's Halloween, Sister Olsen and I will be getting a pizza and hanging out in our shark onesies updating area books, wall maps, etc. Halloween is my least favorite holiday, so I don't mind that it gets skipped over in mission life. We already had Thanksgiving in Canada, so guess what that means, Christmas decorations go up tomorrow (heart eyes @ that).

I hope you're all doing well. I'm grateful for a Heavenly Father that is always mindful of us, even when we're on an island where it's between 0 and 10 degrees in October.

Love you!

Sister Park

No comments:

Post a Comment