Monday, March 13, 2017

Rose Got Baptized :')

Hey everyone!

So this is big news! Rose got baptized this week! I am so over the moon happy for her. She's the first person I've consistently taught who has gotten baptized. I love her differently than I've ever loved another person. This week was a little hard because I was so heartbroken that I wasn't there to see her baptism, but I'm just so happy she made the choice to follow the Savior's example and make a covenant with her Heavenly Father.

I was able to call her yesterday after she was confirmed and it was just absolutely beautiful to talk to her. She knows that I would have given nearly anything to have been there and she told me how much she wished I could have been. We talked about how she felt and what an amazing experience it was. She got baptized in a swimming pool and is the first person to be baptized in Gander in over a decade. I honestly don't feel like I did much, I just tried to help her come to the Savior at the same time I was trying to figure out how to do that myself.

Elder Muers from the Seventy and his wife came to the mission this week. It was wonderful to have them here. I was one of the very, very lucky missionaries to be interviewed by him. I wish I was more prepared! It was amazing though. And then on top of that, I was able to eat lunch with them! I got to ask him about what it was like preparing his talk on the Sacrament for the last General Conference. 

Sister Goodsell and I started teaching someone new this week! She is awesome! We were able to find her because her friend did member missionary work through Instagram, how cool is that! 

Sooooo much is happening in Halifax right now! I am so glad to be staying busy to keep my mind off of how fast the days are going.

Love you!

Sister Park

P.S. Here's a lot of pictures from the last couple of weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment